Time for October AWS meetup!
This time we were gathering at New Things Co. They had smaller premises, but really cool and modern office. Unfortunately this time we could only accommodate under 50 people on site, but we were experimenting with live streaming this time as well, as we did a bit with previous Liquid Studio meetup.
Lessons learned from there:
- we should probably have our own account on some platform for streaming
- we should probably shoot the video straight from front, so that slides are visible and readable
- we need to discuss, whether online stream is the thing we want to have or edited videos afterwards. There are variables to consider here
If you have input on these, contact me for example in the AWS Nordics Slack team.
We had these talks this time:
– Rolf Koski, AWS UG Finland: New & Noteworthy
– Michael Fynes, New Things Co: AWS – Why Bother? A developers perspective.
– Juho Rautio, Webscale: Basic authentication with Lambda@Edge – Password protecting development environment Cloudfront in the least intrusive way
– Jukka Ukkonen, Webscale: Real-time data with AWS AppSync
Unfortunately I, and few others, needed to run a bit before the session was concluded, as we needed to catch the train to Tampere. My apologies, if you missed me, but I’ll be sure to hang around later next time.